When you spend most of your day behind a keyboard, even with several double espressos your productivity and creativity can naturally lag. Small touches to your desk like plants, flowers and prints can really give the space a breath of fresh air that’ll make it more welcoming and hopefully less of an energy drain.
Here’s a couple of ideas for adding a little pastel pop to your own work/study space:
- Pastel toned furniture and homeware. Even one piece like a mint coloured chair or sunshine yellow desk lamp has a great style impact.
- Shelving, storage boxes and magazine files. Whip out the pastel paints or for a less permanent version, make over your shelving and storage with washi tapes for an instant freshen up. Colour co-ordinated files and boxes are a quick and relatively inexpensive way to brighten up those shelves.
- Books and magazines. Turn your magazine stash into a colourful feature by stacking your favourite bright issues together.
- Prints and postcards. Cute pastel prints, postcard illustrations and magazine clippings are the start of an inspiration wall.
- Stationery, of course! The simplest way to brighten up your desk at home or work is with a bright pop of pastel stationery. Think colourful erasers, candy-coloured notebooks and pastel deco pens.
In fresh ice-cream coloured hues these pretty pastel workspaces are full of inspiring ideas for brightening up your work day.
image - oyoy
image - the designblend
image - 91magazine
Image: scathingly brilliant
Source: vtwonen | Photography: Tjiske van Leeuven | Styling: Marianne Luning
For more fresh workspace inspiration and ideas, check out our Pinterest board